Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

100th Post Yeah


Now I know I haven't done a post for a while. But to be honest I've been run off my feet with everything. Married life and playing with daughter and dog. (which is important in life) I have a lot to make up for.

I started my new franchise doing 'shoe shines' in the foyer of BOQ building on Queen st. Hey I'm really good at it and it's really starting to rub off on me that I'm running my own small business.

I've come along way which I have many of people to thank for that. Don't worry I won't forget it.

Because I've done so well it really makes me think how I need to help that many more. You see I too was homeless and had nothing, now I'm a family man and starting a new business. If I can do it then I can help others that are homeless to as well. It takes a lot of hard work and a lot of bluffing confidence, but it's worth it.

Above are some pictures of the last BBQ for the homeless. Homeless came and ate free and took whatever clothes and things they could carry. The best thing I remember was volunteers carrying things away for some of the older people and in the top left picture there's two kids (I was told there names but I don't have the names list with me) drawing Christmas Cards to hand out to the homeless.

Now there were a huge response with help for this event and to be honest I don't have the names list to write them here. I will after I get the list. But I will say a huge thank you to our biggest sponsors which with them I couldn't have put the BBQ on in the first place.
NAB Bank
Samies Girl Seafood Market
Rosies Food Van
A & S Dingo Services Turf and Landscaping
Knitting for the Needy
A reader here and mate brought his mum as a Doctor for the homeless
Ipswich Council
Alicia which helps and does most of putting these BBQ together and the is President of Mates helping Mates

Now the volunteers that came were amazing and I really wish I had that list of names. But I say Thank you for everything as I'm sure homeless were helped that day because you all came together as a community and said “Hi Mate”

I have a lot to write about and people I have come across that are really just golden, but I have to go to work now and I promise to do next post on Saturday.

Please check out mateshelpingmates.blogspot.com as that's were a lot of the information for the BBQ'S and things are as it is a non-profit charity.

Thank you for reading my blog and I hope you all have a great day.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Grant. The two kids are my kids ... Sharna (11) & Wyatt (7). They went through their clothes, board games & made up stationery sets as well. So happy that my husband & I have brought them up to be like that. Wyatt even gave up his hat & gave it to a young man when he came to us looking for a hat & there were none left at the clothes tables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the day my kids enjoyed so much ... helping the less fortunate. Knowing that they made a little bit of difference to their life.

    ReplyDelete