Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Christmas Morning

I would like to start this post by saying that when I write these it's not meant to say I better then anyone because I tend to put a lot of time towards helping people but to say I it's sometimes not hard to make or be the difference and if I can do it then maybe you could too. But in saying that I very much believe people coming together can make wonders happen just look at the Signal Flare BBQ's (Facebook) still happening after a lot of friends and I got together to help.

This post is about my Christmas Day. 

A few days before Christmas I worked and a few people gave me a gift card and some tips and I knew exactly what to do with it. The day before Christmas I went to Coles and bought a bag of sausages and a loaf of bread all excited for Christmas morning.

Christmas morning came and jumped on my scooter and went down to the Wynnum waterway where I knew there was homeless and started going around saying "I didn't have anyone to share Christmas with and would they like to join me" Not saying "Hey your homeless here I have food for you" I think some people make homeless feel worst trying to help by the way things are worded.

I honestly was shocked that 23 homeless people joined me to enjoy time together and sausages on bread. Yes I know I forgot the sauce haha But it was the sitting and just listening to their stories and of course seeing the smiles that made it more then worth while.

I am sad to say we ran out of sausages quickly as I only bought so many but they stay and just chatted. No one had anywhere to go. It was not long before someone (Not me) started the Christmas song which was not good at all for me because I was really bad at singing but I did. haha

No one cared I couldn't sing well and to be honest most of them couldn't either haha But I was there about 4 hours and I must say for the cost of some sausages and bread plus a little bit of time I had one of the best Christmas day I have had in many years. I know I made friends that day and yes I say hi and chat when I see them. 

Yes they are "Homeless People" but if you take the word "Homeless" away then they are "People" just like you and I because they are someone's Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Uncle, Aunty or even a Cousin. 

I feel the only mistake I made with doing this, well apart from not have sauce is waiting till Christmas day because Christmas day didn't make this great, Going down there did with that bag of sausages and an open heart.

I hope you enjoyed my writing. 
I hope you have a great day, Thank you for reading.
Grant the Polite Guy
grantthepoliteguy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment