Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Up's and Down's


For a over a year now I've been talking to more homeless people and hearing there stories and different things that has happened to them and maybe, that turning point for them that they gave up or had no choice and became homeless, for some not that long ago and for many they can't even remember when there life changed for them forever.

I came to thinking some need a lot of help with information and services and others are happy at the moment to do there thing. To be left alone or just treated nicely and with some respect which seems hard for some to believe or to do, but really most of the homeless are good people that are really down on there luck.

I have meet people (yes people) that are homeless and are much more educated then me and for that matter a lot of people I know. Bad times hit and everyone is different as to how they look at life from there. Some jump back on the saddle, some shoot the horse and use the saddle for a pillow. (just a phrase.)

I have always said “saying hi at the right time might just help a person at the right time in there life.” Knowing someone is taking the time to care, may be the difference.

I've been saying for sometime now I'm building a mega-site. Well the truth is I have been getting the information to put on it but the guy who has been going to build the site has been very busy and had health problems.

I well build it as soon as he is able to or I find someone else to help me to build it. I don't know enough to build it myself. I am sorry. If anyone knows about building web-sites please help.

--------------------------------------------

I went to a food court and bought lunch after working and noticed all the tables had at least one person sitting at it. I walked around trying to find a table that was free of people. Then I noticed a girl using one of them I Pads (I think there called that) I looked at the screen and asked if I could sit next to her. The screen page was my blog. I know this because well I do look at it most days. Ha ha.

I look down and I'm not wearing my vest. So I ask “Is that the new I Pad thing out, do you mind if I have a look?” the girl turns it around and let's me see as she starts telling me all the great things it can do. “Oh this is a blog?” the girl says “Yeah a friend of mine sent it to me” I handed it back to her and asked if she liked it? Of course she said “yes” ha ha. But the good thing was she started telling me my own stories, I listen and before leaving her to continue reading I asked her if this blog has a picture of the guy. She looked at the picture, then me, then the picture again. I stayed for about 30 minutes laughing about us sitting at the same table and then I left saying I would put this story in my blog. It was great to meet you. Ha ha.

-----------------------------------------------

Do I have some great news.
Total money collected for The Leukaemia Foundation is $836.00with 3 weeks to go.
Myself work and collecting $559.45 in 3 days. (I wish I could do it with my mags.) ha ha.
I'd like to do a special thank you for those doing it online.
Jimmy Chan
Patrice Easton
Trish Radacs
Kay-Lynn Cauanagh
Hajime Arnold.

Thank you very much to you and all the people that handed me the money when I was collecting it.

This is doing a great thing for many.

I'd like to thank everyone for reading my blog and I hope you have a great day.
Grant the Polite Guy.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic Blog! I am amazed and inspired by your positivity and warm heart. Keep being true to yourself Grant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome ;) and thank YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Grant! I'm currently studying for my diploma in I.T, and would honor the opportunity to build you a webpage! Your work is amazing, you're absolutely fantastic, and I would love to help!

    Email me at dronnoc@gmail.com if you would like me to help you out :)

    Keep up your awesomeness!
    Connor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Grant! I'm kind of a budding web designer, I'm going for my diploma in I.T, and would honor the opportunity to build you a webpage! Your work is amazing, you're absolutely fantastic, and I would love to help!

    Email me at dronnoc@gmail.com if you would like me to help you out :)

    Keep up your awesomeness!
    Connor :)

    ReplyDelete