Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

10 Days to Wedding

Now I don't want any one person thinking I'm talking about them with this because really it's not true. The fact is many have said something like the same.

“Grant you inspire me with everything you have gone through and your so positive and do for others.”

To be honest when it's said to me I really don't know what to say so I'll type it here instead. Ha ha Much easier.

I was one of the happiest guy's around because I had everything. I worked hard in charge of a kitchen in a restaurant with a loving wife, daughter and of course my little dog.

I had the worst day of my life. Floor boards gave way on a old stair way. I don't like talking or writing about the accident really because umm well it's just sad but I got a lot of damage done.

I spent the next 9 months in and out of hospital and being in some of the worst pain a person could imagine.

The easiest movements were painful and I hit rock bottom thinking I had no value as a person and left my wife and started sleeping on the streets. I stopped looking people in the eyes and laid on benches just waiting to waste away. I hope this helps people because I hurts to write.

Now all that is sad and not nice to read but really so many people showed me kindness when I accept it and needed it most. I owe them everything I am now as a person. You see when you meet great people that really go out of there way to not just show they care but to help far and beyond what most would, then you start standing tall and if anything want to be like them and help others.

So I do that. I offer 'pies and cokes' a lot and give people the one thing they need and that's a friend to talk to. Now I know what I do is only like putting a band-aid on and when I go the only difference is that there feed, but really I think it helps more then that because maybe just maybe they feel more part of the community and that's a great start.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I know what it's like to be out there alone and people looking down on them because it always happened to me. No matter what success I ever get in life from now on I will always look and treat them as an equal because I have meet some of the greatest and smartest homeless people that really hit hard times or something happened in there lives that others don't know about.

So I ask every reader in Australia and around the world, “Can you spare about $5.00 for a pie and coke and maybe 5 minutes for a chat” I earn about $200 a week most weeks and I spare it all the time.

-----------------------------------------------------

I have my wedding coming up in about 10 days now and I couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong it's a head trying to get everything to make it a great day for my soon to be wife (girls always think about the dream wedding. Ha ha)

There's 3 people that have really helped in a huge way and to be honest I don't think I'd have much of a wedding without them.

@Can_do_Campbell on Twitter is truly a remarkable man. He heard about the wedding and asked what I needed for it and went on the ABC radio and not only asked for people to donate for the wedding but also promoted 'Mates helping Mates' and helping homeless also has spoken to all his friends about it as well. Every time I speak to him he always has that 'mate no-matter what it is we can find a way' kind of attitude. I must say in my book he's Ace's because he is very successful and yet he has time for those who have hit hard times. I know there's great people in the world and @Can_do_Campbell is one of them. Thank you mate



Alicia Wright- has helped so much with organising different things and she had a mild stroke a week ago and yet from hospital was thinking of others. Really what a great lady, people say to me about sainthood well put her at the top of the list to be next.

Andrew Stanke- works for the NAB bank and a guy I consider a true mate, he always offers to help in some way with the homeless any way he can. Just the other day I only made $20 working all day when I rang Andrew and said I needed help because I had to get things for the wedding. The man drove to the city and handed me $500 which I needed for bills that were overdue and a box of doughnuts to hand out to the homeless. But to top it off last week he asked me to meet him at his work and we had a steak lunch at a pub and then went to his work were he had a massage lady there waiting to give me a massage for all the good I have been doing. I mean what a great guy.

Now there's a lot of great people out there that do a lot of great things and I know I'll get to writing about them too. My dad always said “never judge a person by what they have, but the number of mates they can call mates” I have mates that I can call mates even some homeless ones.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember about the 'Pie and coke' thing how it may not cost you much but it really is worth millions to others.

I'm going to ask people that they share this story because maybe it might reach someone somewhere that thinks, Pie and a coke thing sounds good and helps someone.

I still have only had one person get something from our wedding list that I put up and I was told by a few people that they didn't want to go through another person so what I'm doing is asking if people want to order anything from our list you can put money in my bank or through my 'donation button' and email me what you are getting. Remember I get the commission which I'm putting towards the wedding.
St. George Bank
BSB 114 879
ACC 026900710 Thank you

Email is grantthepoliteguy@gmail.com
Phone is 0412 190 011

I'd like to thank everyone for reading my blog and I hope you all have a great day.
Grant the Polite Guy

P.S I almost forgot to mention it. I now have a twitter account it's @grantpoliteguy if anyone wants to befriend me there. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment